The Georgia Department of Revenue has made it mandatory to e-file taxes that include certain tax credits, which requires you to upload PDFs of supporting forms as documentation. You should have received your form(s) directly from the issuer. If not, you can get the form(s) directly from Georgia DOR.
Follow these instructions to upload and attach any required PDFs to your return.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- From the left menu, select State.
- After the Georgia income section, answer a few questions until you come to the page Take a look at Georgia credits.
- Select Start/Revisit next to Business and Individual Credit.
- Select your credit code(s), fill out the requested information, and select Continue.
- Select either EIN or SSN and enter the corresponding number. Select Continue.
- On the next screen, you’ll see if your credit code requires a form upload. Select Edit to add a PDF of the requested form to your return.
- On the Upload your tax credit form screen, we’ll tell you what form(s) you need to upload. You can either drag and drop the PDF or select Browse to find the PDF on your computer.
- We’ll let you know if your upload was successful. If so, select Continue.
- If you uploaded the wrong one, select the trash can icon to delete it and confirm the removal on the pop up. You can then upload the correct PDF.
- On the next screen, you’ll see the summary of your required forms and their PDF attachments. Select Continue if everything looks correct. Or you can select Edit to make any changes.
If you need help, give us a phone call.