How do I amend my 2018 TurboTax Online return? - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.28 helpful votes

How do I amend my 2018 TurboTax Online return?

First, make sure you really need to amend and that if you printed your 2018 return you mailed it in.

1. Under Your tax return & documents, select 2018 and then Amend (change) return.
    • Select Show on the right if you don’t see your tax return info.
  2. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  3. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  4. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool. Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in