This rejection occurs when the date of birth for the second person listed on the return (the spouse) is either incorrect or doesn't match IRS records.
Here's what to do
To fix this rejection, you'll need to leave the TurboTax app and sign in to a browser:
- Sign out of the app by tapping the menu icon in the upper-left corner, then selecting Sign Out.
- Open your browser (either on your device or a computer) and sign in at MyTurboTax.com (use your app login).
- Fix and refile your return in TurboTax Online using these instructions.
- E-file reject IND-163: Return already rejected multiple times for AGI or self-select PIN. You can no longer e-file using these methods, print and mail your return instead.
- Is my Self-Select PIN the same as my IP PIN?
- E-file reject R0000-500-01: The name or Social Security number for the first taxpayer doesn't match IRS records
- E-file reject F1099R-502-02: The Payer Federal Id Number entered does not match what the IRS has in its records
- E-file reject R0000-504-02: The name or Social Security number for a dependent on your return doesn't match IRS records