2018 Illinois Invest in Kids Credit amend instruct... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit

2018 Illinois Invest in Kids Credit amend instructions for TurboTax CD/Download

1. Launch TurboTax and open your 2018 return.
  2. Select File and Save As. Add Amended 2018 Illinois return to the file name before you update TurboTax. This will preserve your original return.
  3. Select Online from the menu bar and Check for Updates. Allow TurboTax to update if any are available.
  4. Select the Federal Taxes tab, (Personal tab if you’re using Home & Business), and then select the Other Tax Situations tab.
  5. On the Other Tax Situations screen, scroll down to Other Tax Forms. Next to Amend a Return, select the Start button.
  6. On the We’ll help you change (amend) your return screen, select Continue.
  7. On the Did you already file your return? screen, select Yes, I’ve already filed my return. Then select I was contacted by TurboTax and told I may need to amend for some other reason and Continue.
  8. On the Tell Us Which Returns You Want to Amend screen, select I want to amend only my federal or only my state return. Select Amend my Illinois return and Continue.
  9. On the What do you need to change on your return? screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page and to the right of state return select Update.
  10. On the Let’s work on your state return screen, select Continue.
  11. On the Your State Returns screen, select Edit to the right of Illinois.
  12. On the Let’s Amend Your Illinois Return screen, select Yes and select Continue.
  13. On the Let’s Make Sure You’re Ready to Review screen, select Yes and Continue.
    • This is an automatic fix. You won’t need to make any changes on your return.
  14. On the Check this entry screen, enter the following for Form IL-1040-X Explanation: Amended to correct the Invest in Kids Credit Amount. When finished, select Continue.
  15. On the next Check this entry screen for the Federal Change checkbox, check the IRS no box and Continue.
  16. On the next Check this entry screen for the Why changed checkbox, check the State change box and Continue.
  17. On the next Check this entry screen for date last filed, enter the date you filed your 2018 Illinois return and Continue.
  18. On the Review Your Return screen, select Continue.
  19. On the Run State Review Again screen, select Run Review Again.
  20. Continue on until you reach You’re Done with 2018 Illinois screen and select Done with States.
  21. On the Let’s make sure your taxes are correct screen, select Continue.
  22. On the Let’s Check These Entries screen, select Check Entries.
  23. On the Not Eligible for Electronic Filing screen it'll say the return is an amended return and ineligible for e-file. Select Continue.
  24. On the Run Smart Check Again screen, select Done.
  25. You’re ready to print your return to file. On the You’re Done! Print and Mail Your Return screen, select Print Return and Save Return. Follow the TurboTax Amended Return Filing Instructions for your amended Illinois tax return.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in