Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
,Created with Sketch.407 helpful votes

The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 - what's in it for you

In early February of 2018, Congress passed the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018. The Act included special tax relief for certain disaster victims, the extension of expired tax extenders for 2017, and the extension of energy efficient tax credits. More info

If you filed your 2017 tax return before the Act was signed into law and want to claim one of the renewed tax benefits, you can file an amended return. You have up until 3 years after the date you filed your original 2017 return or 2 years after you paid the tax due on the return (whichever is later) to file your 2017 amendment.

  • Mortgage Debt Exclusion
  • Mortgage Insurance Premiums
  • Tuition and Fees Deduction
  • Credit for Nonbusiness Energy Property
  • Extension and modification of credit for residential energy property
  • Credit for New Qualified Fuel Cell Motor Vehicles

  • California Wildfire Tax Benefits
  • Tax Benefits for Victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in