What if I chose to apply my federal refund to next... - Community

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
,Created with Sketch.322 helpful votes

What if I chose to apply my federal refund to next year's taxes, filed, and later changed my mind?

You have plenty of time to reverse the situation.

First, wait about a week after you've received confirmation that your e-filed return was accepted (or 2-3 weeks after mailing, if you paper-filed).

Then, visit or call your local IRS office (fastest) or call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to explain that you want your applied refund transferred back to the current tax year.

You'll get your check refund in approximately 3-4 weeks. Electronic deposit is not available in these cases.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Privacy Settings