If you're looking to access a TurboTax Online return from our server, go here instead.
If your return is stored on a flash drive, always copy it to your hard drive first, and then open the copy. This helps prevent data corruption.
Close TurboTax and then:
- Connect the portable device to your computer.
- Browse to the portable device, right-click the tax file you want and choose Copy.
- Navigate to the location of your choice (preferably someplace easy to find like the Desktop or your Documents folder), right-click the destination, and select Paste.
- After your computer finishes copying the file, disconnect or eject the portable device from your computer.
- Open TurboTax and open your tax return file copy.