turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Work from Home for Company

I work from home for a company not owned by myself, thus I received a W-2 from the company. I filled out the W-2/Job portion with this information and it sent me to the self-employed paperwork while leaving the W-2 in the income from jobs section. I have successfully and correctly filled out the self-employed forms and now am wondering if for that job, I should delete the portion which contains this information in the W-2 section as otherwise, it marks that income twice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Your screenshot is just a summary screen.  You will and should see the income listed on both lines, but you will not be double taxed.  Don't delete the W-2.  When you print out your tax return, the amount that is included on Schedule C will not be part of your Wages on Line 1 of your Form 1040.   Your wages will show the Gold Cross amount and your Schedule C will show the Precision amount.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Are you a statutory employee for Precision?
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Your screenshot is just a summary screen.  You will and should see the income listed on both lines, but you will not be double taxed.  Don't delete the W-2.  When you print out your tax return, the amount that is included on Schedule C will not be part of your Wages on Line 1 of your Form 1040.   Your wages will show the Gold Cross amount and your Schedule C will show the Precision amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies