turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jessika

I have 4520 box 10 on W2 however forfeited 108. when i try and enter 0 under daycare expenses since all was covered by fsa I get an error saying cant enter 0 in column D

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have 4520 box 10 on W2 however forfeited 108. when i try and enter 0 under daycare expenses since all was covered by fsa I get an error saying cant enter 0 in column D

You should enter your actual daycare expenses when you enter the children in the Child and Dependent Care credit interview. 

TurboTax will first pay apply your FSA against it. If the FSA amount is more than you spent, then the surplus will be considered taxable to you (the $108).

You will have no credit, because all of the funds spent on child care came out of the FSA, which is already pre-tax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should enter your actual daycare expenses when you enter the children in the Child and Dependent Care credit interview. 

TurboTax will first pay apply your FSA against it. If the FSA amount is more than you spent, then the surplus will be considered taxable to you (the $108).

You will have no credit, because all of the funds spent on child care came out of the FSA, which is already pre-tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies