turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andyc

I have a home office space and so does my spouse. I see how to enter my info, but how do I indicate her home office use? (Same house)

I work in IT and have a computer lab, she is a theatre teacher and has a crafting room. When I try to enter a second home office, it is asking about my income etc - how do I enter info for her dedicated work area?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a home office space and so does my spouse. I see how to enter my info, but how do I indicate her home office use? (Same house)

You need to prepare two separate Sch C's for each business.

I am assuming you both are for profit individual/proprietors and have two individual office spaces.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You need to prepare two separate Sch C's for each business.

I am assuming you both are for profit individual/proprietors and have two individual office spaces.

andyc

This was helpful, thank you. When using the TurboTax web software, I found I had to "Add Another Occupation" on the page "Job Related Expenses Summary" at which point I was able to add her occupation and specify it as hers instead of mine. This then allowed me to detail her home office space. Thanks again!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies