turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mosspcmc

You keep asking me for where is your Foreign income and I don't have any, I just own 2 Foreign stocks & I pd a Foreign tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You keep asking me for where is your Foreign income and I don't have any, I just own 2 Foreign stocks & I pd a Foreign tax

New for 2017 is the following flaw: If there is an entry in 1099-DIV box 6, TT will immediately and incorrectly require an entry in box 6d and will mark it as an error until an amount is entered.  Box 6d is “the foreign source amount included in dividends.”  If F1116 is filled out, there is a screen to input that amount which TT will insert into box 6d and thus clear the error.  If F1116 is not filled out because the user elects to use the exemption or the deduction, then bring up the 1099-DIV worksheet and type a zero into box 6d to remove the error.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

New for 2017 is the following flaw: If there is an entry in 1099-DIV box 6, TT will immediately and incorrectly require an entry in box 6d and will mark it as an error until an amount is entered.  Box 6d is “the foreign source amount included in dividends.”  If F1116 is filled out, there is a screen to input that amount which TT will insert into box 6d and thus clear the error.  If F1116 is not filled out because the user elects to use the exemption or the deduction, then bring up the 1099-DIV worksheet and type a zero into box 6d to remove the error.

Manage cookies