turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moyosore

How doe I increase my margin interest deduction by utilizing my qualified dividends

I am being limited in the amount of margin interest deduction I can take by Form 4952. The IRS allows me to reduce the amount disallowed by designating some of my qualified dividends  on box 4g of Form 4952 for that purpose.  However, Turbo tax never gave me the option of doing this. It's always using zero on Box 4g. Kindly show me how to change the amount on Box 4g.  I have not been able to get the interview method to do this. An answer was given 2 years ago that said the interview will ask it but I have repeated the interview around the investment interest expense topic (in the Deductions and Credits area) many times and it never asks the question. Please help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How doe I increase my margin interest deduction by utilizing my qualified dividends

You have the Windows version with Forms Mode, so open Form 4952 and visit Line 4g. Enter the desired amount in the worksheet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
-coloma1

Interview did not ask me to plug 4g too and cost me additional tax $.  What did I miss?

You have the Windows version with Forms Mode, so open Form 4952 and visit Line 4g. Enter the desired amount in the worksheet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies