turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gbfruge

My wife is self employed and she lost patient visits during the flood here in August 2016 for one week. Where can I deduct? Thanks,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomD8
Level 15

My wife is self employed and she lost patient visits during the flood here in August 2016 for one week. Where can I deduct? Thanks,

You cannot deduct "lost" income, because such "income" was never taxed in the first place.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

You cannot deduct "lost" income, because such "income" was never taxed in the first place.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Sorry but you cannot deduct anything for lost income.  You just have less income to pay tax on.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies