turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New York State Department of Taxation and Finance sent me a check for Property Tax Relief Credit. Where do I enter this in Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

New York State Department of Taxation and Finance sent me a check for Property Tax Relief Credit. Where do I enter this in Turbo Tax?

You can follow the steps here below to get to the portion of the New York state interview to enter that amount from the check. 

• Click State to the left and Your State Returns at the top
  • Then click Edit next to New York return and Continue
  • On the You Just Finished Your New York Return screen, click Update next to Credits and other taxes
  • Then click Start/Update next to Property Tax Relief of STAR Credit and IT-110 on the next screen
  • You will enter the amount from check in box next to Property tax relief

NOTE: If you do not see an Edit button next to your state and only see Continue, click that and go through all screens until you see the credits and taxes portion of the interview. Property tax relief should be after the Changes to Federal Income section and the first thing you see on the Take a look at New York credits and taxes screen. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can follow the steps here below to get to the portion of the New York state interview to enter that amount from the check. 

• Click State to the left and Your State Returns at the top
  • Then click Edit next to New York return and Continue
  • On the You Just Finished Your New York Return screen, click Update next to Credits and other taxes
  • Then click Start/Update next to Property Tax Relief of STAR Credit and IT-110 on the next screen
  • You will enter the amount from check in box next to Property tax relief

NOTE: If you do not see an Edit button next to your state and only see Continue, click that and go through all screens until you see the credits and taxes portion of the interview. Property tax relief should be after the Changes to Federal Income section and the first thing you see on the Take a look at New York credits and taxes screen. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies