turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AARRRT

In 2016 I sold my condo in California and moved to Nevada and bought a home. I'm now a permanent resident of Nevada. Can I still use turbo tax for my 2016 taxes?

Its my understanding that I won't have to file a State return for Nevada.  Can I buy turbo tax premier as I have in the past for my federal return and also submit a California state return for the time I lived there in 2016.  I moved in September 2016 to Nevada.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

In 2016 I sold my condo in California and moved to Nevada and bought a home. I'm now a permanent resident of Nevada. Can I still use turbo tax for my 2016 taxes?

Yes.  You'll prepare your Federal tax return as in the past.  Then, you will prepare a California return for a part-year resident, and allocate all your income earned in California to that return.  Nevada has no income tax, so there's no return to file in that state.

Please read on for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302342

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardG

Yes.  You'll prepare your Federal tax return as in the past.  Then, you will prepare a California return for a part-year resident, and allocate all your income earned in California to that return.  Nevada has no income tax, so there's no return to file in that state.

Please read on for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302342

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies