turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am wondering if I get addition tax credit, separate from the charitable donations I itemized with federal, with Idaho state for donating to Idaho youth Ranch?

I already deducted the charitable donations to Idaho youth ranch when I did my federal taxes.  When I am doing my state taxes there is other tax credits and one is asking if I donated to youth and rehabilitation facilities.  Can I claim the donations there as well or did my donations carry over from federal and there is not additional credit from the state for donating?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ToddL

I am wondering if I get addition tax credit, separate from the charitable donations I itemized with federal, with Idaho state for donating to Idaho youth Ranch?

Yes, there is a special Idaho tax credit  for your contribution to the Idaho Youth Ranch.

From the Idaho State Tax Commission website, Instructions for Forms 40 and 39R, Part E, CREDITS FOR IDAHO EDUCATIONAL ENTITY, IDAHO YOUTH AND REHABILITATION FACILITY CONTRIBUTIONS, AND LIVE ORGAN DONATION EXPENSES

"If you donated cash to qualifed educational entities, you may claim a tax credit. Donation of goods or services don't qualify.
If you claimed the credit for qualifying new employees, enter the amount computed on Form 55, Part II, line 5. Otherwise, the credit is limited to the smallest of:

One-half of the amount donated,
50% of the tax on Form 40, line 21,
$500 ($1,000 on a joint return),
The tax on Form 40, line 21 less the amount on Form 40, line 22". 

The list of qualified educational entities includes the Idaho Youth Ranch.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies