Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

theds

TurboTax is asking me if the seller paid for my points or loan origination fee on the original purchase of the home I just sold....

while it is trying to figure out my Adjusted Cost Basis.  On my settlement statement there is nothing listed under Loan Origination fee on either side but there is a Broker Origination Fee that the seller paid.  Would this be the same thing?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanO

TurboTax is asking me if the seller paid for my points or loan origination fee on the original purchase of the home I just sold....

Yes, the loan origination fee and broker origination fee are the same. That is the cost being charged to get the loan set up.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanO

Yes, the loan origination fee and broker origination fee are the same. That is the cost being charged to get the loan set up.

theds

Do you know if that would include the other fees listed just under that....broker processing fee, lender fee, tax service fee, and flood check fee?  Would those all be included or just the one listed as broker origination fee?
DanO

This would just be for the origination of the loan. If that is all that is indicated on the closing statement, then the seller did not pay for any other fees.
theds

Yes, there are amounts listed in each of those fields that the seller paid for.  I just didn't know if Turbo Tax wants me to include all of those fees paid by the seller as "points" or "loan origination fees" paid by seller or just the only one listed as "Loan/Broker Origination Fee" only.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies