Solved: Work from Home for Company

Work from Home for Company

I work from home for a company not owned by myself, thus I received a W-2 from the company. I filled out the W-2/Job portion with this information and it sent me to the self-employed paperwork while leaving the W-2 in the income from jobs section. I have successfully and correctly filled out the self-employed forms and now am wondering if for that job, I should delete the portion which contains this information in the W-2 section as otherwise, it marks that income twice.

Work from Home for Company

Your screenshot is just a summary screen.  You will and should see the income listed on both lines, but you will not be double taxed.  Don't delete the W-2.  When you print out your tax return, the amount that is included on Schedule C will not be part of your Wages on Line 1 of your Form 1040.   Your wages will show the Gold Cross amount and your Schedule C will show the Precision amount.

Work from Home for Company

Are you a statutory employee for Precision?

Work from Home for Company