foghorn2002

Why would my 17 year old daughter qualify for the "Credit for other Dependents" but not for the "Child Tax Credit"? She doesn't have an ITIN.

She lived with us the entire year in the US, she didn't have a job, she has a Social Security number, we paid for all of her expenses. Apparently the credit for other dependents excludes us from the child tax credit advance payments.

Had to be under 17 on Dec 31, 2020 for the Child Tax Credit.  When is her birthday?

foghorn2002

She'll turn 18 next month.

So she turned 17 last August 2020.  Had to be 16 or younger on 12/31/2020.  Sorry.

foghorn2002

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Have a nice day.

Turning 18 in 2021 also means no child tax credit for 2021.   They raised the age for 2021 but the child cannot be older than 17 at the end of 2021 to get it for 2021.