Solved: Why wont it add child care to my husbands side? We have gotten this credit every year and it says he does not have any gross income when I have entered his W-2 info
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why wont it add child care to my husbands side? We have gotten this credit every year and it says he does not have any gross income when I have entered his W-2 info

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Why wont it add child care to my husbands side? We have gotten this credit every year and it says he does not have any gross income when I have entered his W-2 info

Most likely you entered his W-2 as belonging to you.  Go back and update the W-2 section under federal Taxes, Wages and Income.  Edit the W-2 in question.  Right at the top, above Employer Information ir shows in orange "This w-2 belongs to" with checkmark for Taxpayer or Spouse . This choice refers to the person listed first on the return (TP) and the person listed second as Spouse (SP).  You probably need to correct that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Most likely you entered his W-2 as belonging to you.  Go back and update the W-2 section under federal Taxes, Wages and Income.  Edit the W-2 in question.  Right at the top, above Employer Information ir shows in orange "This w-2 belongs to" with checkmark for Taxpayer or Spouse . This choice refers to the person listed first on the return (TP) and the person listed second as Spouse (SP).  You probably need to correct that.

View solution in original post

v
Privacy Settings