turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why won't TurboTax Home and Business 2019 not allow double click on input box to create a medical expense worksheet?

I had a worksheet that carried over from 2018. However, when I entered numbers the total did not roll up to the main page. Frustrated, I deleted the detail support worksheet.

Then, after saving, closing out, restarting it no longer allowed me to add a detail sheet.  Tried Ctrl+I (was not active/clickable) and double clicking.

TT still allows me to do these things on the 1st page of the Medical Expenses sequence (prescriptions) but not when I try the same things under medical professional fees or any other subsequent category box in the medical expenses area.

I've never experienced this before. Seems like a bug?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Why won't TurboTax Home and Business 2019 not allow double click on input box to create a medical expense worksheet?

@Klozaw , I have always used ( for at least the last  10 years ), hover over the line entry -- in forms mode --( a plus sign appears ) click that  OR right click and from the drop down choose  "estimated ..... "add supporting details" and after that choice, a box opens up -- this is true even in step-by-step mode.  Is this not what you are seeing ?

Nope.

I've been  using TTax for over 20 years so this is weird. I was finally able to get the "Edit" drop down menu and select "add supporting details".  However, neither double clicking the box or pressing "Ctrl+I" simultaneously worked in the Medical Professional Fees box. In fact these keystrokes only seem to work with "Prescription Expenses" box.

I have the work around but there is something amiss. 

same exact problem except mine does not work with any of the medical expenses ad the option to mark something as an estimate does not come up either.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies