basaer

Why I didn't get any Child Tax Credit? I didn't work for 2016 so I have no W2. Would I steal get Child Tax Credit?

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

The child tax credit is not a refundable credit.  It can reduce your tax liability if you have one, but won't create a refund.  If you owe no tax, there is no benefit to the child tax credit.

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

The Child Tax Credit (CTC) was designed to help working families offset the cost of raising children  You did not work.
re2boys

The Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), a refundable credit,  requires you to have at least $3000 in earned income to qualify.