turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DmjR

Why does Turbotax Deluxe dialog does not allow me to enter a value for real estate taxes on my primary residence? It is filled in with $0 and does not let me change it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why does Turbotax Deluxe dialog does not allow me to enter a value for real estate taxes on my primary residence? It is filled in with $0 and does not let me change it.

Switch to Forms view (View > Forms). On the left side of the screen, open the Tax & Int Wks (tax and interest worksheet). You should be able to enter (or edit) your real estate taxes on line 2a. If the Tax & Int Wks is not showing, choose Open Form (upper left) and search for this worksheet.
DmjR

Yes, I did that as a work-around.  But why did the dialog not allow the entry?  Is there a problem with the dialog, or is there some other entry that conflicts?
York

I had the same problem with property tax being frozen on $0. Will now try the work-around. But, like you, I am curious why my dialogue box is frozen on $0.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Did you make entries for a form 1098?  Perhaps there is amount or stray mark there that is preventing the update.  Try clearing and re-entering any amounts there.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies