Solved: Why did we not get a Stimulus check for my College...

Why did we not get a Stimulus check for my College age daughter

We received stimulus checks for myself, wife and youngest daughter but my 18year old did not receive anything and we didnt receive anything for her.  I was told it would get corrected with the tax reporting process but it still doesn't seem to have included my 18year old and she could not claim it on her taxes.

College student dependents simply were not eligible for the payments. Not on your return, and not on their own. 

There is no payment for dependents, only for children which the IRS defines as those aged 16 and younger only.  Those who are claimed or even can be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer were also not eligible for their own payments.  That is simply how the law was written, unfortunately. 

The stimulus credit was only for dependents UNDER the age of 17 as of 1/1/2020.  

Thanks for the replies.