bob21

Why did Turbo Tax prepare a Schedule A for me with a much larger amount than the standard deduction and then use the standard deduction in my return? A program error?

While the program generated a schedule A, for some reason it doesn't show up on the list of forms shown at the left of the screen.

CherylW

I'm not sure, but you can change it on the page shown below.  

To get there, go to Federal on the left-hand side menu.  Go to the bottom of the Income page and click Wrap up income.  

Continue through the screens till you get to Deductions.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Wrap up tax breaks.

Continue till you get to the below screen.