patriots991

Why did i just get a 130.56 dollar refund?

So i had a deposit from the treasury department today for 130.56 

I have already filed my taxes and got my refund

However i filed y taxes before the American rescue plan and am due a unemployment tax refund

in 2020 i claimed 15,000 in unemployment, so im wondering why the amount would only be for 130.56?

Could this possibly be something else?

The odd amount is probably some interest plus the extra refund due to the unemployment change.  Did you not recompute your return to see how much the unemployment exclusion changed the return ?    If not then why don't you do so now ... use the amendment process AFTER you save a PDF  &  .taxfile of the original return.  

patriots991

Should my unemployment refund be much more than that? I'd essentially be getting the taxes back for 10200 that I paid. It seems a bit low to be the unemployment refund. 

I recompiled it just recently it said around 1300 was due back to me  

A month or so it said like 2400 was due. So this is why I'm quite confused 

A letter of explanation should arrive in a couple of weeks but it could also be the "PLUS UP" of the third stimulus check if you did not get all you were entitled to based off the 2019 return.