Solved: Why am i not getting the full tax credit for my two kiddos. they are now 3 years old and 5 years old. Turbotax keeps saying i only get $1000 for each kid.

Why am i not getting the full tax credit for my two kiddos. they are now 3 years old and 5 years old. Turbotax keeps saying i only get $1000 for each kid.

This is correct. The child tax credit remains $1000 per child for the 2017 tax year which are the taxes currently being filed.  The new tax laws and the increased $2000 Child Tax Credit is effective for the 2018 Tax Year which will be filed in 2019.