arcollins2007

Why am I not getting my credit for my solar panels for my house I bought in 2018 this is the first year I am claming it

DanielV01

It depends.  The credit for Energy Saving equipment is a non-refundable credit.  That means that if your tax liability is already down to zero because of other credits, you won't be able to receive the credit this year.  However, it is a carry-forward credit, which means that if you can't use it this year (because there is not enough tax to use it against), you will still have the credit available to use in another year.  That is likely your situation.

DanielV01

The credit is still available on solar panels.  What are you seeing in the program?
arcollins2007

It tells me the credit will be carried forward to 2019 but I bought them in 2018
DanielV01