• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alove1953

Who should i claim on my taxes when a child care facility and a family member gets paid for child care?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Who should i claim on my taxes when a child care facility and a family member gets paid for child care?

It depends.  You still are able to claim the dependent, and may be able to claim the expenses as well.  Please see this FAQ on the Child and Dependent Care credit:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301418

If you choose to claim the credit, you will list the expenses you paid.  You will have to list the Child Care Facility separately from the Family Member.  In addition, you will need the Social Security Number of the relative (as long as it is not a minor child of yours) as they will need to report the amount on their taxes as well.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

It depends.  You still are able to claim the dependent, and may be able to claim the expenses as well.  Please see this FAQ on the Child and Dependent Care credit:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301418

If you choose to claim the credit, you will list the expenses you paid.  You will have to list the Child Care Facility separately from the Family Member.  In addition, you will need the Social Security Number of the relative (as long as it is not a minor child of yours) as they will need to report the amount on their taxes as well.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v