turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do you report credits and earnings from a health incentive plan that deposits money into an HSA based on reaching health goals? These are paid by the insurance co.

These are paid by the insurance company.
They provide a credit for a fitness tracker upon enrolling in the program and deposit quarterly funds directly into the HSA based on daily walking goals.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Where do you report credits and earnings from a health incentive plan that deposits money into an HSA based on reaching health goals? These are paid by the insurance co.

Since this is coming from the insurance company, I am assuming that it isn't passing through your employer but going straight to your HSA. As I note, you have to report all contributions to your HSA no matter from what source.

You may want to talk to your HR person to confirm how the money is getting into your HSA, then do one of the options that I describe in the other answer.

Please see my answer to your other question at https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7394810

Thank you. It is bypassing my employer and being deposited directly into the account by the insurance company.

I guess my biggest question is how/where to report that type of an HSA deposit. Does that make sense? I know it needs to be deposited, but didn’t know if this is a miscellaneous “income” or something to report under the HSA section.

Report it as I told you in the other answer, as a contribution that you "personally" made on the "Let's enter [name]'s HSA contributions screen". Yeah, seems funny, but that's where you do it.

Thanks. Just needed confirmation that funds from employer versus funds from an insurance company receive the same treatment. I guess different sources of the deposit was my primary concern. I didn’t understand that from the first answer, but I follow what you are saying now. Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies