• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
712banner

Where do I report interest income from my daughter, for whom I am financing a house? This was not my home so it is not exactly seller-financed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

Where do I report interest income from my daughter, for whom I am financing a house? This was not my home so it is not exactly seller-financed.

You can report this interest as if you received a 1099-INT. Just enter your daughter's name, and the amount of interest you received. Since this is not a mortgage, she can't deduct this interest.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

You can report this interest as if you received a 1099-INT. Just enter your daughter's name, and the amount of interest you received. Since this is not a mortgage, she can't deduct this interest.

View solution in original post

712banner

Actually, this is an second mortgage on her house, with me as the lender
IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

Well, if this is an actual mortgage, it must be secured by the home,which means that you have a lien on the property,  as opposed to a personal loan. In that case, report it as if it was a seller-financed mortgage and include the information about your daughter.
712banner

Thank  you.
IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

You're welcome!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v