712banner

Where do I report interest income from my daughter, for whom I am financing a house? This was not my home so it is not exactly seller-financed.

IsabellaG

You can report this interest as if you received a 1099-INT. Just enter your daughter's name, and the amount of interest you received. Since this is not a mortgage, she can't deduct this interest.

IsabellaG

712banner

Actually, this is an second mortgage on her house, with me as the lender
IsabellaG

Well, if this is an actual mortgage, it must be secured by the home,which means that you have a lien on the property,  as opposed to a personal loan. In that case, report it as if it was a seller-financed mortgage and include the information about your daughter.
712banner

Thank  you.
IsabellaG

You're welcome!