brandonryon10130

Where do I put in the sales tax that I paided on a new vehicle purchase for 2016?

LinaJ2018

To enter the sales tax you paid on the new vehicle in TurboTax online program, go to:

1. After sign in and select Take me to my return 

2.  At the right upper corner, in the search box , type in sales tax then Enter 

3.  Select Jump to sales tax 

4.  On screen, Sales Tax and Income Tax - select Continue with Sales Tax

5.  On screen, How do you want to enter your sales tax info ? , select EasyGuide and follow the prompts.

Your refund will change only if your total sales tax deduction is more than the state income taxes and you are itemizing instead of taking the standard deduction. 

LinaJ2018

3.  Select Jump to sales tax