cadorner

Where do I put a NR4 (9)dividend & Canadian tax paid?

KarenJ

Your NR4 (9) needs to be reported as a 1099-DIV.  TurboTax will ask for a control number but it is my understanding that a control number is not needed to file your return.  I assume you the NR4 is in Canadian dollars.  If so you will need to use the 2017 exchange rate.

To enter into TurboTax:

Wages & Income 

All Income

Interest & Dividends

Click start next to Dividends

When  you get to "Let's get the details from your 1099-DIV or brokerage statement, after entering dividends, check the box "My form as info in more than just these boxes"

Enter any foreign tax paid

nivram94

If the dividends from the NR4(9) are less than $10, does it need to be included in the tax return?
KarenJ

To enter into TurboTax:

Wages & Income 

All Income

Interest & Dividends

Click start next to Dividends

Enter any foreign tax paid