jo1234567

Where do I go, step by step to put in my medical expenses?

HelenaC

If you're using Federal Free Edition or Basic and your medical expenses are large enough that you would benefit from itemizing deductions, you'll be prompted to upgrade to Deluxe, as the Federal Free and Basic versions do not handle Schedule A.

Medical, dental, and vision expenses are reported on Schedule A and entered in the Deductions & Credits section:

1. Open your tax return.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
  2. Type Schedule A in the search bar and click search.
  3. Click on Jump to Schedule A.
  4. Answer Yes on the Did you have any medical expenses in 2016? screen.
  5. You will then be prompted to enter your medical expenses, starting with prescriptions.

HelenaC

1. Open your tax return.
  3. Click on Jump to Schedule A.