robertblex

Where do I find previous years points deductions in my tax forms to help me calculate if I have any carry over for a refinance? TT not automatically doing it.

PatriciaV

The deduction relating to mortgage points is included in the total for Home Mortgage Interest on Schedule A Line 10. If you know the amount of mortgage interest you paid, you can calculate the deduction for points by subtracting the interest from the total on Line 10.

If you used TurboTax to prepare your prior year returns, you can see the breakdown between interest and points on the "Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet". This is a TurboTax worksheet (not an IRS form) that is included in your complete return if you choose all forms and worksheets. Amortization of points appears on Line 9e of that worksheet.