turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter my chemical expenses that I used for a job?

1 Reply

Where do I enter my chemical expenses that I used for a job?

To enter Business Expenses in Self-Employed: 

  1. Go to the Business tab. 

  2. Click Continue

  3. Select I'll choose what I work on. 

  4. Click Start or Update by Business Income and Expenses

  5. Click Edit or + Start Another Business. 

  6. On the First, let's confirm your business name and address, enter ownership, business name, mailing address, and description. 

  7. The next page, Tell us about your business, asks for acquisition and the date. 

  8. Answer the questions on the next pages about any employees, EINs, and business codes. 

  9. Enter the accounting method that you use. 

  10. Enter whether you paid anyone on a 1099. 

  11. Answer Do any of these uncommon situations apply to your business? 

  12. You'll come back to a confirmation page, so you can Edit anything from this page. 

  13. Next, you'll see a menu that has Business Income, Inventory/Cost of Goods Sold, Business Expenses, and Business Assets. 

  14. Visit each one of these sections to enter the information. 

Turbo Tax walks you through all you need to enter to file your tax return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies