Where do i enter hsa expenses for medical... i already put it in off w2. But how do i get it to zero out...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i enter hsa expenses for medical... i already put it in off w2. But how do i get it to zero out...

2 Replies
Level 13

As noted, you enter your employer contributions and your contributions by means of payroll deduction when you enter the W-2.

To enter your HSA distributions for medical expenses, you go to the HSA interview - Federal->Deductions & Credits->Medical->HSA MSA Contributions. Here you will be able to enter your 1099-SA, that your HSA administrator should have sent you reporting on your HSA distributions (i.e., payments for qualified medical expenses).

I am not sure what "zero out" refers to, but be aware that when you start the HSA interview, you need to finish it (until you return to "Your Tax Breaks") because your HSA contributions will be considered taxable until the form 8889 is completed - which happens when you complete the HSA interview.

You can reset what you put in for your W-2 by going back into the income section and editing it.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings