gjgcvs

Where do I enter details for 1099s and home improvements. Sister and I inherited 5 years ago but it was her primary residence until sold (2016). We each received a 1099 S for the full amount. Do I just enter my own portion? and where to I put deduction

Coleen3

Yes, you would include your portion only on Schedule D as a secondary home since it was not a primary residence for you. She also needs to do the same even if she were able to get the exclusion since the sale was reported on the 1099-S.

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)

•        Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)

•        Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)

•        Under Investment Income

•        On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

Coleen3

•        Under Investment Income