Do you have an Intuit account?
You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.
If you have business travel expenses that were not reimbursed to your by your employer you can enter then by taking the following steps. Please note: You will need to be taking the itemized deductions and that they are subject to the 2% rule.
- Sign into TurboTax Online
- Continue your return by clicking My TurboTax > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return.
- Click on the Federal Taxes tab (Personal depending on version)
- Click on the Deductions and Credits tab
- Scroll down until you see Employment Expenses
- Click on show more
- Find job related expenses and click Start/Revisit
- Follow through the interview to add your expenses.
Please see the following TurboTax FAQ to learn more on the 2% rule.
Still have questions?Make a post