Where do I enter a property depreciation value related to my husbands police K-9 kennel on our personal property?

The other officers my husband works with says it is $19/ day 365 days and goes under a property depreciation, can it also go under job expenses?

Yes, you may report the cost of a K-9 kennel as a job-related expense under Itemized Deductions. When you add the kennel as an Asset for Depreciation, TurboTax will calculate depreciation expense for you.

Employee job-related expenses are considered Miscellaneous Expenses; total Miscellaneous Expenses must exceed 2 percent of your adjusted gross income (AGI) in order to be included on your tax return.

To find this section in TurboTax, open your return, then go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "job expenses, employee", then click the topic in the list and GO to go directly to the start of this section. Follow the prompts to enter your job-related expenses.

Continue through the interview until you are asked about purchases for your job. This is where you enter the cost as an asset for depreciation. While there is no clear category for kennels, choose "office equipment" to place it in under 7-year property, which applies to fences and similar assets.

Be sure to read the blue links and "Learn More" to be sure you make the best choice for your tax situation.

TurboTax will help you determine if your expenses can be reported and if your total Miscellaneous Expenses meet the threshold to be deductible.

For more info, see How does the itemized deduction differ from the standard deduction?