cmedina1

Where do I deduct my Medicare B while on extended work period. I was no longer on SSDI but I continued paying for Medicare Part B out of my own pocket. box3 paid by check

I went back to work for a brief moment of time. After 9 months I could no longer receive social security disability income. I could still continue my medicare benefits but paid it by check directly. Where do I put this figure since it was not deducted from social security. This was considered my secondary insurance. Not sure if it goes with my ssa-1099 or gets put in as insurance paid somewhere else.

Vanessa

Your out of pocket Medicare B premiums are deductible under deductions and credits as an itemized Medical Expense. 

To enter them click

• Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll Down Click Start next to Medical Expenses

In order to get the deduction for these premiums, your medical expenses total would need to be more than 7.5% of your AGI and your total itemized deductions would need to be more than your standard deduction. ($12,000 single, $18,000 Head of Household and $24,000 Married Filing Jointly.)

Vanessa

To enter them click

• Deductions and Credits