saskiamcabee

When I entered my mortgage interest I got a message telling me the standard deduction was better, but it is still showing me using my interest.

How do I change to use the standard deduction?

AnnetteB

Use the steps below to go to the area where you can see the comparison between standard and itemized deductions.  In this section you will be able to choose which option you want to use for your return.    

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “itemized deductions, choosing” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to itemized deductions, choosing

• Click on the blue “Jump to itemized deductions, choosing” link

AnnetteB