kensadler

What turbo tax program should I use? I bought a house and sold a house, also had stock sales and income as a real estate broker.

With the type of tax data that you will be entering, I would not even consider using any of the TurboTax online editions.

You would want to use the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions instead.  Any of the desktop editions can be used to enter the tax data for your tax return.  However, I would recommend the Premier desktop edition as it has very good guidance for entering investment sales (Schedule D/Form 8949), self-employment income and expenses (Schedule C and Schedule SE).

The desktop editions can create and complete as many tax returns as needed at no charge (good for friends, family or for test tax returns).  There are 5 free federal e-files included.  One free state program download is included in the purchase price (except Basic).  There is an e-file charge for the state income tax return, but that can be avoided by printing and mailing the state return.  The desktop editions also have Forms mode where you have direct access to all the Forms, Schedules and worksheets included with the program.

Go to this TurboTax website for the 2016 desktop editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Spino

You are filing as an individual (or married) taxpayer and you can use several of TT's versions to file the return. The difference is in the guidance you will receive as you fill out the forms. Since you appear to have self-employment income as well as a more complex return, you may find the "home and business" version a good fit, although "premier" will also work.