david46720

What if I have 2 1098 forms from my mortgage company. I refinanced in 2016

Lakeisha

Enter both. You can enter two 1098 Mortgage Forms in TurboTax. See the screenshot below.

To enter mortgage interest, click on Where do I enter my 1098 mortgage interest statement?

Do not add the forms together.

As you go through the interview section for 'Federal Taxes'; 'Deductions & Credits' you will be prompted to enter information from Form 1098. 

After you enter the first 1098 you will be returned to a summary screen. 

Carefully read the summary screen, at the lower left corner of the summary table is a Blue button "Add a lender".

Lakeisha

Do not add the forms together.