garywebb48

What forms do I need to file for an out of state return in Louisiana for some family property I sold there last year, and am a resident of Virginia?

I am a resident of Virginia and sold some family property in Louisiana last year and need to file in the state of Louisiana for that.  I have already filed my federal and VA tax returns using turbotax.

Well sadly you should have completed the non resident LA return BEFORE you completed the resident state return so the credit for taxes paid to another state would have completed automatically ... now you will have to amend the VA return  and the federal if you had not reported that sale already. 

Log into your return ... scroll down and click on ADD A STATE then complete the LA  interview and file it.  Then close and re open the return and choose to amend it this time and go to the state tab to amend the VA return.