zakkariah2018

What do I do when I dont have a home to claim?

JohnB5677

If you don't have a mortgage or Real Estate taxes to deduct, that's Okay.  You can skip that section.  

Each year you have a choice to list items like Taxes, Mortgage Interest and Charities etc.   These are called Itemized Deductions.  

If you do not choose to do this, or if you don't have these expenses, you will automatically get the Standard Deduction.  This will reduce your taxable income by $12,200 for a single person, or $24,400 if married. 

If you try to post Itemized Deductions TurboTax will determine which will save you the most money.

Just skip that section.

JohnB5677