turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wchou1000

How do I delete the self employed medical insurance premium?

My medical insurance premium is double counted on Turbo Tax ( Home and Business 20017).

I entered the premium on Business Expense section under self-employed medical insurance first, and on Personal section under Health insurance section when follow the 1095-A steps the insurance premium was counted again. I went back to Business Expense section under self-employed medical insurance section and tried to deleted it but there was no option of changing. I only got a message saying (the self-employed medical insurance premium was forwarded to Schedule A). How to delete the self-employed medical insurance premium on Business Expense section. or if there is a bug in the Turbo tax, How to clear all and started over. I'm not using Turbo tax online.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Were you ever able to find a solution? Where did you go for the solution? There's obviously a problem with Turbo Tax.

To enter, edit, or delete business health insurance premiums in TurboTax CD/Download, please review the following instructions:

1. Open tax return(s).
  2. In the upper right corner, type "schedule c" in the Search/Find box and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Select Edit on Business.
  4. Under Business Expenses, select Start or Update on Other Common Business Expenses.
  5. Select Start or Update on Insurance Payments.

TurboTax CD/Download is capable of creating multiple tax return files so to delete tax return files, you just need to find where you saved them. Please review the following TurboTax FAQs and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) under Related Information for more information:

I'm having the same problem and these instructions didn't work to solve it. I'm not able to remove the Self Employmet Health Insurance that I entered by mistake in the wrong location.  WAS ANYONE ELSE ABLE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM???
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies