Solved: We received an energy credit in prior years, but for a property we no longer own/live in. Do I still have to report those previous amounts on the 2016 return to get a credit for improvements done to our new house?

We received an energy credit in prior years, but for a property we no longer own/live in. Do I still have to report those previous amounts on the 2016 return to get a credit for improvements done to our new house?

Yes the previous credits you got were tied to you and not the a specific house. They must be entered on your 2016 tax return to see if you have used up the limit on credits.