beckert1104

We own 4 foreign bank accounts, two of them are > 10000$. Do I need to file 2 FinCen114 for these two bank accounts or do we have to file for all of them.

Only 2 of my accounts are > 10000$. Do I need to file 2 FinCen114 forms or do we have to file for all of them, i.e. does my husband have to file as well? And how about our child ( a minor) whose foreign bank account is less than 10000$?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DS30

Everyone who is a US citizen or resident and has either a financial interest in or signature authority over a foreign account must file FBARs if the total of all foreign accounts is greater than $10,000 USD for even one day. You will need to list all foreign accounts on your FBAR filing information.

Therefore, you are required to file a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) if are a US citizen or resident and:

1. you had a financial interest in or signature authority over at least one financial account located outside of the United States; and
  2. the aggregate value of all foreign financial accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported.

To be directed to the US Treasury Government Website to prepare a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts, click FBAR (TurboTax does not support this form)