If you met the two out of five years rules, you can still exclude the capital gain from the sale regardless if you received the form 1099-S.
You will still enter the information in the program:
1. After sign in, select Take me to my return /
2. At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in sale of home then Enter /
3. Select the 1st choice on the search result - Jump to sale of home/
4. Program will take you directly to screen, Sale of Your Main Home screen, select Yes.
5. On the Sold a Home screen, enter the information and select Continue.
Answer the interview questions on the following screens. You'll finish at the Home Sales Summary screen, where you can add another sale by clicking the Add Another Sale button.
Still have questions?Make a post